PHOENIX — When it comes to boozing it up, Arizona is right in the middle of the U.S. pack.
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism is out with a report based on the amount of alcohol Arizonans consumed in 2012.
Arizona came in at No. 22, averaging 2.4 gallons of alcohol consumed per person a year. The average American downs 2.33 gallons of alcohol each year. Beer leads.
Nearly all the states (43) increased imbibing, with the West leading the way. Nevada came in at No. 5 at 3.27 gallons.
The only states to decrease were Alaska, Indiana, Missouri, Nevada, Tennessee, West Virginia. New Hampshire also consumed less, which is ironic because the “Live Free or Die” also leads the nation with the average person consuming 4.6 gallons of alcohol each year.
Utah finished last.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.