PHOENIX — A woman was found dead in her Tempe apartment, discovered by a worried neighbor who hadn’t seen her for several days.
The neighbor noticed the patio door open Thursday night, jumped the railing, then saw the woman’s autistic 4-year-old son inside, naked, and the woman lying on the bed.
“He went to try and wake her up, but she was obviously deceased,” Tempe Police Lt. Mike Pooley said.
Police estimated she’d been dead in the unit near Southern and Mills avenues for several days; cause of death hasn’t been determined. The woman hadn’t been heard from since last Saturday.
The boy was in good health and taken in by family members.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development