The federal government is offering a huge reward for a known Mexican drug lord. A huge billboard has been unveiled in four major U.S. cities, including Phoenix, seeking information for the capture of Rafael Caro-Quintero.
“(He is) the master-mind behind the kidnap, torture and murder of DEA Special Agent Enrique Camarena back in 1985,” said DEA Special Agent Ramona Sanchez.
The State Department is offering a $5 million reward for information leading to the arrest of Caro-Quintero.
Caro-Quintero served 28 years of a 40-year prison sentence for his crimes when a Mexican court ordered his release last August. Sanchez hopes the billboard and huge monetary reward sends a message to potential drug traffickers or organized crime members.
“They’ll have to think twice before planning to execute or kill any law enforcement officer,” he said.
The billboard in Phoenix is located on US-60 Grand Avenue, south of 31st Avenue. There are also billboards in San Diego, Los Angeles and El Paso, Tex.
Anyone with information is asked to call 1-866-629-6036 or email CAROQUINTEROTIPS@usdoj.gov
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon