You could see a lot of strange things inside and around the Phoenix Convention Center over the next few days. That’s because Phoenix Comicon is this weekend, and many people will be dressed up as their favorite cartoon, TV, or comic book character.
A Zombie walk, food trucks, and The Avengers boot camp are all part of this year’s Comicon. You’ll also see a lot of celebrities.
“Adam West and Burt Ward will be here. They’re the original Batman and Robin,” said Phoenix Convention Center Communications Director Cynthia Weaver. Stan Lee, Danny Glover and others will also be on hand.
Weaver said that there will also be a lot of things going on outside of the convention center. “The Arizona Comedy All-Stars will be performing. There will be live music and food trucks out there,” said Weaver. “It will be a very, very festive atmosphere.”
You can also watch a showing of the movie The Amazing Spiderman on Chase Field’s big screen Friday night at 12:30 a.m.
Weaver said that everything will be crowded. “We expect an estimated 70,000 people to come into downtown Phoenix this weekend for Comicon and Comicon-related events,” she said.
The convention lasts through Sunday.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon