You could see a lot of strange things inside and around the Phoenix Convention Center over the next few days. That’s because Phoenix Comicon is this weekend, and many people will be dressed up as their favorite cartoon, TV, or comic book character.
A Zombie walk, food trucks, and The Avengers boot camp are all part of this year’s Comicon. You’ll also see a lot of celebrities.
“Adam West and Burt Ward will be here. They’re the original Batman and Robin,” said Phoenix Convention Center Communications Director Cynthia Weaver. Stan Lee, Danny Glover and others will also be on hand.
Weaver said that there will also be a lot of things going on outside of the convention center. “The Arizona Comedy All-Stars will be performing. There will be live music and food trucks out there,” said Weaver. “It will be a very, very festive atmosphere.”
You can also watch a showing of the movie The Amazing Spiderman on Chase Field’s big screen Friday night at 12:30 a.m.
Weaver said that everything will be crowded. “We expect an estimated 70,000 people to come into downtown Phoenix this weekend for Comicon and Comicon-related events,” she said.
The convention lasts through Sunday.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night