PHOENIX — Not so fast, Arizona parents: Your college graduate may be hanging around a little while longer.
According to a new report from Kiplinger, Phoenix is on the list of the ten cities that are most promising for new college grads.
Income and cost of living were the key factors in the report, “focus[ing] on places where recent graduates are likely to land good jobs and take home above-average paychecks,” as well as places that are budget-friendly.
Based largely on those criteria, Phoenix ranked No. 8. The median salary for recent grads is $43,100 a year and the median age is 34.8. Twenty-seven percent of last year’s online job postings in Phoenix were for entry-level positions. Phoenix also “offers renters the lowest living cost of all the cities on the list.”
Boulder, Colo., was No. 1.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development