PHOENIX — Not so fast, Arizona parents: Your college graduate may be hanging around a little while longer.
According to a new report from Kiplinger, Phoenix is on the list of the ten cities that are most promising for new college grads.
Income and cost of living were the key factors in the report, “focus[ing] on places where recent graduates are likely to land good jobs and take home above-average paychecks,” as well as places that are budget-friendly.
Based largely on those criteria, Phoenix ranked No. 8. The median salary for recent grads is $43,100 a year and the median age is 34.8. Twenty-seven percent of last year’s online job postings in Phoenix were for entry-level positions. Phoenix also “offers renters the lowest living cost of all the cities on the list.”
Boulder, Colo., was No. 1.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy