PHOENIX — The interim head of the Veterans Administration will be in Phoenix Thursday to inspect changes after the agency was rocked by a scandal.
Acting Secretary of Veterans Affairs Sloan Gibson will visit the Carl T. Hayden VA Medical Center in Phoenix to see how changes are being implemented and to meet with various staffers and politicians.
The VA, especially in Phoenix, has been a source of ire for the nation after it was revealed secret wait lists were used to simulate low wait times for veterans while leaders collected bonuses. In reality, veterans were waiting more than 100 days for an appointment and some had yet to be seen by a primary care physician.
The former secretary, Gen. Eric Shinseki, resigned last week shortly after firing several Phoenix administrators.
On Thursday, Gibson said each of the 1,700 Phoenix veterans awaiting care had been contacted.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development