PHOENIX — First responders are urging Valley residents to heed signs and warnings given by their body that extreme heat and lack of water has put them in the danger zone.
“Dehydration can lead to irreversible health issues. Kidney failure could happen,” said Mesa Fire Captain Forrest Smith.
Currently, Mesa firefighters are responding to approximately 12 heat-related calls daily.
There are some symptoms to look for, including a lack of sweat, red skin turning pale, dizziness, nausea and disorientation.
“If you see someone in distress, get them into a cool environment quickly and have them sip small amounts of water. Call 911,” said Smith.
First responders are also encouraging residents to keep tabs on the elderly in their community. Check in on them and make sure they have a working cooling system and they have plenty of water to drink.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development