PHOENIX — After the alleged mismanagement of care at the Phoenix VA, the American Legion opening up a veterans crisis center.
The crisis center will open its doors on Monday at 7 p.m. in a town hall style meeting, where vets can come and talk about their problems and experiences at the Phoenix VA, said Director Verna Jones of the Legion’s Veteran Affairs.
“We’re going to have a town hall meeting on Monday night and have veterans come out and talk to us about any of (the) correspondence they receive back from the VA — where they are, how they feel about it…just making sure they understand we’re still here to support them,” she said.
On Tuesday at noon, Jones said vets can come in and begin getting help from the services they’ll be providing.
“The person will walk in (and) we’ll be able to triage that veteran: Find out why they’re there, what they need,” Jones said. “We’ll also guide them to (the) on-site avenues and resources that we have.”
Jones said some of those resources will include grief counseling, help enrolling in veteran benefit programs and help with filing benefit claims if they’ve experienced a lack of care at the VA.
The crisis center will open at Post 1 of the American Legion, located at 364 N. 7th Avenue in Phoenix.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick