PHOENIX — Some of the passengers who are on a layover at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport can now stretch their legs a bit.
The airport has opened a new two-mile fitness trail behind the security checkpoint inside Terminal 4. It is part of the Fit Phoenix campaign and is designed to give people who are waiting to change planes a chance to get a little exercise.
There are windows along the trail that allow passengers a chance to see some of the sights outside.
“You’ll see our tower, Camelback Mountain, Piestawa Peak, the Skytrain bridge,” said Julie Rodriguez, airport spokesperson.
Markers along the trail tell travelers exactly what they’re looking at.
There are several drinking fountains along the course that double as filling stations for water bottles, since passengers are able to bring empty water bottles through security.
The City of Phoenix has also opened fitness trails in several parks as part of the Fit Phoenix program.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.