PHOENIX — A blue mail collection box that was stolen over the weekend has been recovered — empty.
The box was located near 35th Avenue and Earll Drive in Phoenix and was stolen either Friday night or early Saturday morning. The box was found Monday in an alley not too far from its initial location, but no mail was inside.
Phoenix Postal Inspector Greg Torbenson said he hopes those who may have had mail in that box will let the Postal Inspection Service know. They are urged to call (877) 876-2455 and file a mail theft complaint.
Mail theft violates the Federal Criminal Code and carries a penalty of up to five years in prison.
The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is offering a $10,000 reward
for information about the theft.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain