PHOENIX — A blue mail collection box that was stolen over the weekend has been recovered — empty.
The box was located near 35th Avenue and Earll Drive in Phoenix and was stolen either Friday night or early Saturday morning. The box was found Monday in an alley not too far from its initial location, but no mail was inside.
Phoenix Postal Inspector Greg Torbenson said he hopes those who may have had mail in that box will let the Postal Inspection Service know. They are urged to call (877) 876-2455 and file a mail theft complaint.
Mail theft violates the Federal Criminal Code and carries a penalty of up to five years in prison.
The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is offering a $10,000 reward
for information about the theft.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier