PHOENIX — A blue mail collection box that was stolen over the weekend has been recovered — empty.
The box was located near 35th Avenue and Earll Drive in Phoenix and was stolen either Friday night or early Saturday morning. The box was found Monday in an alley not too far from its initial location, but no mail was inside.
Phoenix Postal Inspector Greg Torbenson said he hopes those who may have had mail in that box will let the Postal Inspection Service know. They are urged to call (877) 876-2455 and file a mail theft complaint.
Mail theft violates the Federal Criminal Code and carries a penalty of up to five years in prison.
The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is offering a $10,000 reward
for information about the theft.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development