PHOENIX — A blue mail collection box that was stolen over the weekend has been recovered — empty.
The box was located near 35th Avenue and Earll Drive in Phoenix and was stolen either Friday night or early Saturday morning. The box was found Monday in an alley not too far from its initial location, but no mail was inside.
Phoenix Postal Inspector Greg Torbenson said he hopes those who may have had mail in that box will let the Postal Inspection Service know. They are urged to call (877) 876-2455 and file a mail theft complaint.
Mail theft violates the Federal Criminal Code and carries a penalty of up to five years in prison.
The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is offering a $10,000 reward
for information about the theft.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food