Food and travel website Thrillist recently released a list of the 21 best ice cream shops in the U.S. — in no particular order — and one Arizona business can count itself among the elite in its field.
Sweet Republic made the cut for top places in America for ice cream. That may or may not be a surprise to you, as the Scottsdale eatery earned praise last year from Food Network magazine for its Toffee Banofi sundae.
Thrillist recommends the Pecan Turtle sundae and Hop Knot IPA shake from Sweet Republic. Here’s Thrillist’s rationale for including the Scottsdale parlor, located near 92nd Street and Shea Boulevard, in its best-of list:
This Scottsdale institution serves ice cream churned with a green thumb: Almost everything in their shop is made from recycled materials, from the birch wood ice cream sticks to the sorghum stock table tops. Good intentions alone don’t make a delicious ice cream, but Sweet Republic’s got the recipes and craftsmanship to create a product as delicious as it is sustainable. Everything’s made in-house from whole ingredients and Arizona dairy with no artificial flavors in sight to pollute crave-worthy flavors like I Love Bacon and Hop Knot IPA.
Besides the Scottsdale spot, Sweet Republic has locations at 6054 N. 16th St. in Phoenix and in Terminal 4 of Sky Harbor International Airport.
Below is News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Pat McMahon’s review of Sweet Republic from last September.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes