Food and travel website Thrillist recently released a list of the 21 best ice cream shops in the U.S. — in no particular order — and one Arizona business can count itself among the elite in its field.
Sweet Republic made the cut for top places in America for ice cream. That may or may not be a surprise to you, as the Scottsdale eatery earned praise last year from Food Network magazine for its Toffee Banofi sundae.
Thrillist recommends the Pecan Turtle sundae and Hop Knot IPA shake from Sweet Republic. Here’s Thrillist’s rationale for including the Scottsdale parlor, located near 92nd Street and Shea Boulevard, in its best-of list:
This Scottsdale institution serves ice cream churned with a green thumb: Almost everything in their shop is made from recycled materials, from the birch wood ice cream sticks to the sorghum stock table tops. Good intentions alone don’t make a delicious ice cream, but Sweet Republic’s got the recipes and craftsmanship to create a product as delicious as it is sustainable. Everything’s made in-house from whole ingredients and Arizona dairy with no artificial flavors in sight to pollute crave-worthy flavors like I Love Bacon and Hop Knot IPA.
Besides the Scottsdale spot, Sweet Republic has locations at 6054 N. 16th St. in Phoenix and in Terminal 4 of Sky Harbor International Airport.
Below is News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Pat McMahon’s review of Sweet Republic from last September.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food