Food and travel website Thrillist recently released a list of the 21 best ice cream shops in the U.S. — in no particular order — and one Arizona business can count itself among the elite in its field.
Sweet Republic made the cut for top places in America for ice cream. That may or may not be a surprise to you, as the Scottsdale eatery earned praise last year from Food Network magazine for its Toffee Banofi sundae.
Thrillist recommends the Pecan Turtle sundae and Hop Knot IPA shake from Sweet Republic. Here’s Thrillist’s rationale for including the Scottsdale parlor, located near 92nd Street and Shea Boulevard, in its best-of list:
This Scottsdale institution serves ice cream churned with a green thumb: Almost everything in their shop is made from recycled materials, from the birch wood ice cream sticks to the sorghum stock table tops. Good intentions alone don’t make a delicious ice cream, but Sweet Republic’s got the recipes and craftsmanship to create a product as delicious as it is sustainable. Everything’s made in-house from whole ingredients and Arizona dairy with no artificial flavors in sight to pollute crave-worthy flavors like I Love Bacon and Hop Knot IPA.
Besides the Scottsdale spot, Sweet Republic has locations at 6054 N. 16th St. in Phoenix and in Terminal 4 of Sky Harbor International Airport.
Below is News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Pat McMahon’s review of Sweet Republic from last September.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development