PHOENIX — On Saturday, May 31, and Sunday, June 1, several animal rescue groups in Maricopa County participated in a national free pet adoption event.
On Monday, the Arizona Humane Society said 513 dogs had been moved out of its shelter and into new homes over the previous two days.
That left just one dog waiting to be adopted, the AHS said.
The last dog standing is 4-year-old Madeline. The AHS said the Pit Bull Terrier is fully potty trained and leash trained, and she makes for a good snuggler and running partner. She also is already microchipped and spayed.
The black-furred canine was turned over to AHS last week due to her owner’s failing health, an AHS spokesperson said.
While adoption fees are no longer being waived, the AHS said the $110 charge to take home Madeline will include a free exam for her at VCA Animal Hospitals.
Madeline is currently housed at the AHS campus at 1521 W. Dobbins Road in Phoenix. The AHS is encouraging potential owners to bring their families, including other dogs, to meet Madeline.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development