PHOENIX — A Scottsdale businessman is going back in time to deal with a modern problem. He is hoping to duplicate the success of the bright yellow “Baby on Board” signs that appeared in car windows across the country in the 1980s.
“We’re not obviously going to copy that, but I thought maybe we can replicate that look, and so that’s what we’ve done,” said Dan Brasch, owner of Desert Promotions.
Brasch is selling a sticker that’s 5 by 5 inches with a yellow background and black lettering that reads, “Stop Texting Just Drive!”
He said he hopes the visual reminder will encourage drivers to keep their thumbs on the wheel.
Since he started distributing the stickers in late April, Brasch said he has sold between 8,000 and 10,000 of them. They retail for $2.99 and you can find them at several Hallmark and Paul’s Ace Hardware stores.
Brasch said he’s also shipped the stickers to car wash businesses across the country.
“It’s nice to make the sales and all that, but we’re really hoping the message gets out to the public,” he said.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food