PHOENIX — A Scottsdale businessman is going back in time to deal with a modern problem. He is hoping to duplicate the success of the bright yellow “Baby on Board” signs that appeared in car windows across the country in the 1980s.
“We’re not obviously going to copy that, but I thought maybe we can replicate that look, and so that’s what we’ve done,” said Dan Brasch, owner of Desert Promotions.
Brasch is selling a sticker that’s 5 by 5 inches with a yellow background and black lettering that reads, “Stop Texting Just Drive!”
He said he hopes the visual reminder will encourage drivers to keep their thumbs on the wheel.
Since he started distributing the stickers in late April, Brasch said he has sold between 8,000 and 10,000 of them. They retail for $2.99 and you can find them at several Hallmark and Paul’s Ace Hardware stores.
Brasch said he’s also shipped the stickers to car wash businesses across the country.
“It’s nice to make the sales and all that, but we’re really hoping the message gets out to the public,” he said.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier