PHOENIX — More than 4,000 homes were flipped in Maricopa County in the last year, a report said.
The number of flipped homes was second in the nation, topped only by the New York-Long Island area with more than 7,000.
Darren Bloomquist with Realty Track said although the numbers of home-flipping are “decreasing,” it is still a hot market.
“Prices now are rising, have been the last two years, that’s really made it a great place to flip,” he said.
Investors in the Valley made about $50,000 in profit, but Bloomquist said a decreasing number of foreclosures will likely reduce margins.
Arizona was followed by the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana region in California with over 3,500 flipped homes.
The 22 counties listed had at least 1,000 single family homes flipped in the past year.
The average purchase price for Arizona was $172,547.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets