PHOENIX — More than 4,000 homes were flipped in Maricopa County in the last year, a report said.
The number of flipped homes was second in the nation, topped only by the New York-Long Island area with more than 7,000.
Darren Bloomquist with Realty Track said although the numbers of home-flipping are “decreasing,” it is still a hot market.
“Prices now are rising, have been the last two years, that’s really made it a great place to flip,” he said.
Investors in the Valley made about $50,000 in profit, but Bloomquist said a decreasing number of foreclosures will likely reduce margins.
Arizona was followed by the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana region in California with over 3,500 flipped homes.
The 22 counties listed had at least 1,000 single family homes flipped in the past year.
The average purchase price for Arizona was $172,547.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development