PHOENIX — The Salvation Army has set up nine hydration stations across the Valley today.
From 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., the stations will hand out cold water, sunscreen and other information to those who are suffering the consequences of high exposure to the extreme heat.
Locations include the southwest corner of 16th Street and Jefferson at East Lake Park, the northeast corner of Third Avenue and Fillmore, and the southwest corner of Fifth Street and Hatcher.
The Salvation Army Corps hydration locations include:
Phoenix Central Corps, 4343 N. 16th St., Phoenix
Phoenix Maryvale Corps, 4318 W. Clarendon Ave., Phoenix
Glendale Corps, 6010 W. Northern Ave., Glendale
Mesa Corps, 241 E. Sixth St., Mesa
Tempe Corps, 40 E. University Dr., Tempe
The Salvation Army will be accepting donations of bottled water (8-16.9 oz.) at 2707 E. Van Buren, Phoenix, AZ 85008 throughout the summer.
For more information and to volunteer at these hydration stations, call Danielle Shankie at 602-267-4117 or visit
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths