PHOENIX — The Salvation Army has set up nine hydration stations across the Valley today.
From 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., the stations will hand out cold water, sunscreen and other information to those who are suffering the consequences of high exposure to the extreme heat.
Locations include the southwest corner of 16th Street and Jefferson at East Lake Park, the northeast corner of Third Avenue and Fillmore, and the southwest corner of Fifth Street and Hatcher.
The Salvation Army Corps hydration locations include:
Phoenix Central Corps, 4343 N. 16th St., Phoenix
Phoenix Maryvale Corps, 4318 W. Clarendon Ave., Phoenix
Glendale Corps, 6010 W. Northern Ave., Glendale
Mesa Corps, 241 E. Sixth St., Mesa
Tempe Corps, 40 E. University Dr., Tempe
The Salvation Army will be accepting donations of bottled water (8-16.9 oz.) at 2707 E. Van Buren, Phoenix, AZ 85008 throughout the summer.
For more information and to volunteer at these hydration stations, call Danielle Shankie at 602-267-4117 or visit
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development