PHOENIX — The Arizona Fisher House Foundation (AFHF) made tremendous strides this week in its efforts to raise money for a new Fisher House on the Southern Arizona Veterans Health Care System (SAVAHCS) campus.
The foundation reportedly received a $100,000 donation commitment from the Vantage West Credit Union.
“Vantage West Credit Union has a philosophy of giving back to the communities we serve,” Vantage West Credit Union president and CEO Robert D. Ramirez said. “The Fisher House provides an important service to our military veterans who have done so much for us. We would encourage other local businesses to join Vantage West in supporting this worthy cause.”
Once the AFHF reaches its goal of $3 million, the national Fisher House Foundation plans to match all donations.
The new 16-suite Fisher House will allow military and veterans’ families a place to stay at no cost, while loved ones are being medically treated.
The proposed house will take nine to 12 months to construct, with a groundbreaking expected to take place in late 2014 or early 2015.
Currently, there are 64 Fisher Houses worldwide.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon