PHOENIX — The American Red Cross responded to a fire at a Phoenix apartment complex early Sunday morning that left several residents in need of shelter.
The Red Cross Grand Canyon Chapter was called to the scene around 3 a.m. near Indian School Road and 26th Avenue — close to Interstate 17.
Todd Tamcsin of the Grand Canyon Chapter said five adults and nine children were displaced due to the fire.
Red Cross volunteers are in the process of evaluating the displaced residents’ needs, Tamcsin said.
Phoenix Fire Department spokesman Ruben Saavedra said the fire started in a
third-floor unit of the three-story building and one person was trapped.
Saavedra said firefighters were able to get that person out.
Crews were able to get everyone out safely without injury.
Saavedra said the cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them