PHOENIX — The American Red Cross responded to a fire at a Phoenix apartment complex early Sunday morning that left several residents in need of shelter.
The Red Cross Grand Canyon Chapter was called to the scene around 3 a.m. near Indian School Road and 26th Avenue — close to Interstate 17.
Todd Tamcsin of the Grand Canyon Chapter said five adults and nine children were displaced due to the fire.
Red Cross volunteers are in the process of evaluating the displaced residents’ needs, Tamcsin said.
Phoenix Fire Department spokesman Ruben Saavedra said the fire started in a
third-floor unit of the three-story building and one person was trapped.
Saavedra said firefighters were able to get that person out.
Crews were able to get everyone out safely without injury.
Saavedra said the cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development