PHOENIX — It’s good news for one area affected by the massive Slide Fire.
According to Arizona State Parks, Slide Rock State Park will reopen Sunday morning.
The park will be open normal hours from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. However, the swim area will remain closed, due to the wildfire. The park is also offering a reduced entry fee of $10 per vehicle until the swim area reopens.
The 33.1-square-mile Slide Fire began May 20 near Slide Rock State Park in the scenic canyon between Sedona and Flagstaff.
It has burned over 21,000 acres and is currently 90 percent contained. The fire is believed to be human caused and remains under investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier