PHOENIX — It’s good news for one area affected by the massive Slide Fire.
According to Arizona State Parks, Slide Rock State Park will reopen Sunday morning.
The park will be open normal hours from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. However, the swim area will remain closed, due to the wildfire. The park is also offering a reduced entry fee of $10 per vehicle until the swim area reopens.
The 33.1-square-mile Slide Fire began May 20 near Slide Rock State Park in the scenic canyon between Sedona and Flagstaff.
It has burned over 21,000 acres and is currently 90 percent contained. The fire is believed to be human caused and remains under investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again