PHOENIX — A highway pursuit of two suspects in a pickup truck has ended in a Target parking lot in Mesa.
Steve Berry of the Mesa Police Department said the incident began at a Mesa Walmart on E. Southern Avenue early Friday evening. A female shopper turned around to see her purse had been stolen. She spotted a woman with her purse and followed her out of the store and got her purse back.
When Mesa PD arrived on the scene, the woman had already left in a red pickup truck. The Mesa Police aviation unit located the vehicle on the US-60 and briefly followed it but did not attempt to pull it over.
The Department of Public Safety then got involved and began to follow the truck. The vehicle then drove back to Mesa and came to a stop outside the Target near Power Road and US-60.
The suspects proceeded to flee on foot inside the store but were apprehended by authorities.
The woman’s 12-year-old son was the other suspect.
Authorities are continuing to investigate.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon