PHOENIX — On Monday, Mesa city leaders will announce the kick off of the 8th Annual Mesa Hydration Donation Campaign.
The goal is to work with nonprofits, businesses and the community to collect bottles of water in order to keep the homeless hydrated this summer.
“It really is a life-saving mission,” said Kevin Christopher, spokesman for the City of Mesa. “We can never get enough of it. Unfortunately, there’s always a need, so that’s why we are asking for the community’s help.”
The donated bottles of water are then distributed through the United Food Bank to numerous agencies in the Valley, including A New Leaf-East Valley Men’s Center, Paz de Cristo, Saint Vincent de Paul and Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS).
The effort started in 2007, a particularly deadly summer, when nearly three dozen homeless people died from heat-related causes.
For more information on drop-off locations, click here.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life