PHOENIX — An Arizona musician or band is about to make it big thanks to a local recording studio.
ReThink Records announced this week it would accept samples from unknown artists across the Valley and select a winner to receive everything needed to put out an album — recording, production, public relations and image consulting.
Oh, and some free coffee.
“The idea kind of came about with how can we empower these artists to get access to the services necessary without having to put them through the gamut of all the things you’d see in the record industry,” ReThink cofounder Jordan Tomaeno said of the thinking behind the contest.
Submissions can be dropped off at Cartel Coffee locations in downtown Tempe and Phoenix through Saturday. They can also be passed along via email to email@example.com.
Along with their demo, artists should attach their name and the band’s name, if applicable, along with their phone number, email and links to social media.
The winner of the contest will be announced at the record label’s launch party on Feb. 3 at the Rebel Lounge in Phoenix. Admission to the event is $5 and is limited to those 16 and over.
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo contributed to this report.
- Head of Phoenix DEA says opioid epidemic ‘has not yet peaked’
- Give-A-Thon for Phoenix Children’s Hospital raises $1.7 million
- US vows to work more closely with states to fight wildfires
- 14-year-old boy dies after drowning in Salt River during class trip
- McDonald’s announces plans to spend $120 million on upgrades in Arizona