PHOENIX — A stretch of Valley freeway will be closed Friday for the funeral procession of a tribal police officer who was killed in the line of duty.
The procession will close eastbound Loop 101 between 75th Avenue and Seventh street about 11 a.m. The closure is expected to last until 2 p.m.
At this time, all Interstate 17 ramps to east- and westbound Loop 101, the eastbound Loop 101 on-ramps at Union Hills Drive and Bell Road and the east- and westbound off-ramps at 67th Avenue will also be closed.
The westbound Loop 101 frontage road at Seventh Street will also close as the procession approaches.
In addition to the highway and ramps, 67th Avenue will be closed between Happy Valley Road and the Loop 101.
Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Police Officer Jair Cabrera was killed during a traffic stop over the holiday weekend.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments