PHOENIX — A stretch of Valley freeway will be closed Friday for the funeral procession of a tribal police officer who was killed in the line of duty.
The procession will close eastbound Loop 101 between 75th Avenue and Seventh street about 11 a.m. The closure is expected to last until 2 p.m.
At this time, all Interstate 17 ramps to east- and westbound Loop 101, the eastbound Loop 101 on-ramps at Union Hills Drive and Bell Road and the east- and westbound off-ramps at 67th Avenue will also be closed.
The westbound Loop 101 frontage road at Seventh Street will also close as the procession approaches.
In addition to the highway and ramps, 67th Avenue will be closed between Happy Valley Road and the Loop 101.
Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Police Officer Jair Cabrera was killed during a traffic stop over the holiday weekend.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy