PHOENIX — If you plan on booking an all-inclusive vacation this summer, make sure you actually get the “all.”
Ben Himmelstein, a senior counsel attorney with the Frutkin Law Firm in Scottsdale, said you always need to read the fine print.
“As the package gets cheaper, all the upcharges rise,” he explained. “There’s less included in that all-inclusive, and it may just be your flight and hotel, instead of truly being ‘all-inclusive.'”
Himmelstein said it’s not uncommon to pay extra charges for higher-end alcoholic drinks, spa treatments and golf outings. It’s also not unheard of for vacationers not to get the luxury room they saw in the resort’s brochure.
“You really shouldn’t expect that you’re going to get this marvelous room for this all-inclusive (trip),” he said. “You get what you pay for. The higher-end the package, the happier you’re going to be, but obviously, the more money you’re going to pay.”
If you’re dead set on an all-inclusive trip, make sure and go with reputable companies.
Click here for more tips on booking all-inclusive vacations.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life