PHOENIX — Business continues to boom for Scottsdale hotels.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, hotels and resorts in the Scottsdale-Paradise Valley area saw growth in three key areas in April: Occupancy, average daily rate and revenue per available room.
Scottsdale hotels’ occupancy rate climbed 1.2 percent year-over-year last month to 77.9 percent. ADR (Average Daily Rate) grew a strong 7.1 percent to $196.14 while RevPAR (Revenue Per Available Room) posted the strongest gain of the three measurements with an 8.3 percent growth to $152.83.
Overall, hotels in the U.S. saw occupancy grow in April to 65.7 percent, a 3.2 percent increase. Both ADR and RevPAR also grew.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas