PHOENIX — A musical that deals with a serious subject premieres Thursday in downtown Phoenix.
It’s called “Domestic Violence: The Musical.”
“The play looks at relationships and how domestic violence relationships can develop and occur in society,” said Libby Bissa, director of the Family Advocacy Center for the City of Phoenix.
The play will be performed at the Herberger Theater as part of a so-called “CHAIRity” event. The event includes appetizers and chairs designed by ASU students that are inspired by stories of abuse victims. The chairs will then be auctioned off.
The event is a fundraiser for the advocacy center. Bissa said that the money raised will help abused women buy several things they need.
“Things like lock changes, counseling, the ability to go out and purchase uniforms for kids that they had to leave behind when they left the violent relationship,” said Bissa. “All of the funds that we raise are able to support the efforts that we provide here at the center.”
Tickets are $100 and can be purchased at the door. The event starts at 6:00 p.m. Thursday at the Herberger Theater in downtown Phoenix.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon