PHOENIX — A musical that deals with a serious subject premieres Thursday in downtown Phoenix.
It’s called “Domestic Violence: The Musical.”
“The play looks at relationships and how domestic violence relationships can develop and occur in society,” said Libby Bissa, director of the Family Advocacy Center for the City of Phoenix.
The play will be performed at the Herberger Theater as part of a so-called “CHAIRity” event. The event includes appetizers and chairs designed by ASU students that are inspired by stories of abuse victims. The chairs will then be auctioned off.
The event is a fundraiser for the advocacy center. Bissa said that the money raised will help abused women buy several things they need.
“Things like lock changes, counseling, the ability to go out and purchase uniforms for kids that they had to leave behind when they left the violent relationship,” said Bissa. “All of the funds that we raise are able to support the efforts that we provide here at the center.”
Tickets are $100 and can be purchased at the door. The event starts at 6:00 p.m. Thursday at the Herberger Theater in downtown Phoenix.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain