PHOENIX — A well-known Valley chef is teaching others how to eat healthy…with marijuana.
Chef Payton Curry, owner of Scottsdale restaurants Brat Haus and Taco Haus, is teaching others “how to cook healthy recipes utilizing marijuana,” the Phoenix Business Journal reported.
He calls his recipes “medibles” — or “medicated edibles” — and the health of others is first and foremost on his mind.
“I don’t want people to be smoking if they have concerns about lung problems or carcinogens,” Curry said.
Curry shows Valley residents how to make meals and smoothies using medical marijuana and healthy ingredients, such as using honey instead of corn syrup.
In addition to its medicinal properties, he firmly believes marijuana can lead others on the path of healthy living, just like it has for him.
Curry said years ago he was severely overweight from his drinking habit. He stopped drinking and switched to medical marijuana for his needs. Curry said he lost weight and ultimately became healthier.
Curry trained at the Culinary Institute of America in New York and interned at the Four Seasons in Singapore.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments