PHOENIX — A well-known Valley chef is teaching others how to eat healthy…with marijuana.
Chef Payton Curry, owner of Scottsdale restaurants Brat Haus and Taco Haus, is teaching others “how to cook healthy recipes utilizing marijuana,” the Phoenix Business Journal reported.
He calls his recipes “medibles” — or “medicated edibles” — and the health of others is first and foremost on his mind.
“I don’t want people to be smoking if they have concerns about lung problems or carcinogens,” Curry said.
Curry shows Valley residents how to make meals and smoothies using medical marijuana and healthy ingredients, such as using honey instead of corn syrup.
In addition to its medicinal properties, he firmly believes marijuana can lead others on the path of healthy living, just like it has for him.
Curry said years ago he was severely overweight from his drinking habit. He stopped drinking and switched to medical marijuana for his needs. Curry said he lost weight and ultimately became healthier.
Curry trained at the Culinary Institute of America in New York and interned at the Four Seasons in Singapore.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night