PHOENIX — A well-known Valley chef is teaching others how to eat healthy…with marijuana.
Chef Payton Curry, owner of Scottsdale restaurants Brat Haus and Taco Haus, is teaching others “how to cook healthy recipes utilizing marijuana,” the Phoenix Business Journal reported.
He calls his recipes “medibles” — or “medicated edibles” — and the health of others is first and foremost on his mind.
“I don’t want people to be smoking if they have concerns about lung problems or carcinogens,” Curry said.
Curry shows Valley residents how to make meals and smoothies using medical marijuana and healthy ingredients, such as using honey instead of corn syrup.
In addition to its medicinal properties, he firmly believes marijuana can lead others on the path of healthy living, just like it has for him.
Curry said years ago he was severely overweight from his drinking habit. He stopped drinking and switched to medical marijuana for his needs. Curry said he lost weight and ultimately became healthier.
Curry trained at the Culinary Institute of America in New York and interned at the Four Seasons in Singapore.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development