PHOENIX — A well-known Valley chef is teaching others how to eat healthy…with marijuana.
Chef Payton Curry, owner of Scottsdale restaurants Brat Haus and Taco Haus, is teaching others “how to cook healthy recipes utilizing marijuana,” the Phoenix Business Journal reported.
He calls his recipes “medibles” — or “medicated edibles” — and the health of others is first and foremost on his mind.
“I don’t want people to be smoking if they have concerns about lung problems or carcinogens,” Curry said.
Curry shows Valley residents how to make meals and smoothies using medical marijuana and healthy ingredients, such as using honey instead of corn syrup.
In addition to its medicinal properties, he firmly believes marijuana can lead others on the path of healthy living, just like it has for him.
Curry said years ago he was severely overweight from his drinking habit. He stopped drinking and switched to medical marijuana for his needs. Curry said he lost weight and ultimately became healthier.
Curry trained at the Culinary Institute of America in New York and interned at the Four Seasons in Singapore.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths