PHOENIX — A well-known Valley chef is teaching others how to eat healthy…with marijuana.
Chef Payton Curry, owner of Scottsdale restaurants Brat Haus and Taco Haus, is teaching others “how to cook healthy recipes utilizing marijuana,” the Phoenix Business Journal reported.
He calls his recipes “medibles” — or “medicated edibles” — and the health of others is first and foremost on his mind.
“I don’t want people to be smoking if they have concerns about lung problems or carcinogens,” Curry said.
Curry shows Valley residents how to make meals and smoothies using medical marijuana and healthy ingredients, such as using honey instead of corn syrup.
In addition to its medicinal properties, he firmly believes marijuana can lead others on the path of healthy living, just like it has for him.
Curry said years ago he was severely overweight from his drinking habit. He stopped drinking and switched to medical marijuana for his needs. Curry said he lost weight and ultimately became healthier.
Curry trained at the Culinary Institute of America in New York and interned at the Four Seasons in Singapore.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them