PHOENIX — Arizona State University’s law school is offering a “pay what you want” program for all online continuing legal education seminars.
Attorneys in Arizona are required to take credits every year to stay up on changes in the law.
“We don’t think that continuing education credits should be an impediment to your success,” said Douglas Sylvester, dean of the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. “So we want to provide those at a price you think you can afford, and if that’s zero…then again what we’re saying is here for you.”
A law school should be there for you, for life, he said.
Future improvements to the program will be available exclusively for ASU law school graduates. This summer program, available for all, will continue through June 30.
“If you’ve already come to the law school and you have a JD, it really is incumbent to provide opportunities for you to update that degree throughout your entire career,” Sylvester said. “Without asking you to repurchase an entire education.”
All proceeds from the program will support student scholarships.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food