PHOENIX — Arizona State University’s law school is offering a “pay what you want” program for all online continuing legal education seminars.
Attorneys in Arizona are required to take credits every year to stay up on changes in the law.
“We don’t think that continuing education credits should be an impediment to your success,” said Douglas Sylvester, dean of the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. “So we want to provide those at a price you think you can afford, and if that’s zero…then again what we’re saying is here for you.”
A law school should be there for you, for life, he said.
Future improvements to the program will be available exclusively for ASU law school graduates. This summer program, available for all, will continue through June 30.
“If you’ve already come to the law school and you have a JD, it really is incumbent to provide opportunities for you to update that degree throughout your entire career,” Sylvester said. “Without asking you to repurchase an entire education.”
All proceeds from the program will support student scholarships.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development