PHOENIX — Arizona State University’s law school is offering a “pay what you want” program for all online continuing legal education seminars.
Attorneys in Arizona are required to take credits every year to stay up on changes in the law.
“We don’t think that continuing education credits should be an impediment to your success,” said Douglas Sylvester, dean of the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. “So we want to provide those at a price you think you can afford, and if that’s zero…then again what we’re saying is here for you.”
A law school should be there for you, for life, he said.
Future improvements to the program will be available exclusively for ASU law school graduates. This summer program, available for all, will continue through June 30.
“If you’ve already come to the law school and you have a JD, it really is incumbent to provide opportunities for you to update that degree throughout your entire career,” Sylvester said. “Without asking you to repurchase an entire education.”
All proceeds from the program will support student scholarships.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns