PHOENIX — In an ironic twist, the head of the Phoenix Police Department became a victim of a petty crime last week.
“It’s definitely a concern,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos. “We are looking for leads and the investigation is ongoing.”
According to police reports, Chief Daniel Garcia left two uniform shirts and a pair of uniform slacks at the Suntown Laundry and Dry Cleaning located near 12th Street and Northern in Phoenix. At least one person robbed the business and allegedly left with the chief’s clothing.
“There’s always a concern when a person who is not a police officer who might come across a police uniform,” said Martos.
The main concern is that a criminal might want to use the uniforms to impersonate an officer.
The uniforms are described as being the typical blue uniform worn by Phoenix police officers, including emblems, but none that would reveal the owner.
Anyone with information on the theft is asked to contact the Phoenix Police Department.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets