PHOENIX — In an ironic twist, the head of the Phoenix Police Department became a victim of a petty crime last week.
“It’s definitely a concern,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos. “We are looking for leads and the investigation is ongoing.”
According to police reports, Chief Daniel Garcia left two uniform shirts and a pair of uniform slacks at the Suntown Laundry and Dry Cleaning located near 12th Street and Northern in Phoenix. At least one person robbed the business and allegedly left with the chief’s clothing.
“There’s always a concern when a person who is not a police officer who might come across a police uniform,” said Martos.
The main concern is that a criminal might want to use the uniforms to impersonate an officer.
The uniforms are described as being the typical blue uniform worn by Phoenix police officers, including emblems, but none that would reveal the owner.
Anyone with information on the theft is asked to contact the Phoenix Police Department.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development