Phoenix continues to make moves to try to attract potential residents to its downtown area.
The Phoenix Business Journal reports a $75 million luxury condominium project is coming to the heart of the city. Habitat Metro announced it will begin construction on Phase 2 of the project later this year.
The new project, called Portland on the Park because of its location between Portland Park and Margaret T. Hance Park bordering Central Avenue, is expected to be completed in 2016. The project will have 170 units in 4-story, 12-story and 14-story towers with condo prices ranging from the low $200,000s to roughly $1 million. Homes range from 745 square feet to 2,381 square feet.
Davis Architecture designed the first phase, winning the Golden Nugget Award for the best multifamily project in the West for its design.
The development will include space on its first floor for commercial retail.
Tim Sprague, principal of Habitat Metro, said there is a unique struggle for the building to blend in with the surrounding neighborhood.
“You probably have a few more challenges because you’re going into an existing neighborhood, but on the other hand, you are able to compliment the neighborhood,” Sprague told the Business Journal.
While demand for condos was wiped out during the recession and slow to recover after it, Sprague said he is confident the market is back.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development