FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — Starting this Friday morning Coconino and Kaibab National Forests will implement Stage II fire restrictions because of increased fire danger.
Restrictions will only apply to Williams and Tusayan Ranger Districts in the Kaibab National Forest.
Stage I fire restrictions, which have already been in place, prohibit fire of any kind except in designated areas and camp grounds. Stage I restrictions also ban smoking within three feet of barren or flammable material.
In addition stage II restrictions prohibit fire, coal, charcoal and other forms of fire even in developed camp grounds. Smoking is not allowed except for in enclosed buildings or vehicles. The use of firearms is completely restricted. Welding, operating acetylene or other torch with an open flame is not allowed. Between the hours of 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. there is no operating any kind of internal combustion engine.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again