FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — Starting this Friday morning Coconino and Kaibab National Forests will implement Stage II fire restrictions because of increased fire danger.
Restrictions will only apply to Williams and Tusayan Ranger Districts in the Kaibab National Forest.
Stage I fire restrictions, which have already been in place, prohibit fire of any kind except in designated areas and camp grounds. Stage I restrictions also ban smoking within three feet of barren or flammable material.
In addition stage II restrictions prohibit fire, coal, charcoal and other forms of fire even in developed camp grounds. Smoking is not allowed except for in enclosed buildings or vehicles. The use of firearms is completely restricted. Welding, operating acetylene or other torch with an open flame is not allowed. Between the hours of 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. there is no operating any kind of internal combustion engine.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development