PHOENIX — Valley exterminators are urging homeowners to be proactive before they have a problem with infestations.
“I’m starting to see a spike in roaches and ants,” said Shannon Hall with Maximum Exterminating. “A 10 percent increase in calls probably because of the heat and the mild winter. They’re looking for a food source and water”
Hall predicted residents who live in outlying communities could be seeing increased packrat activity, especially those with backyard pools.
Exterminators encourage homeowners to eliminate any possible food or water sources around the home, including pet food.
They are also encouraged to hire a professional exterminator to treat their property monthly. If they cannot afford a professional, make sure you spray using industrial-strength poison. However, make sure you read the label and find products that are safe for humans and animals, especially if you have children and pets.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets