PHOENIX — Nearly half of Arizonans believe the state is headed in the wrong direction, a poll said.
The Behavior Research Center poll said 45 percent of the 700 Arizonans surveyed feel the state is being led in the wrong direction.
Only one in five say that the state legislators are doing a good job while fully 80 percent believe the state legislature should do more to represent the views of voters such as themselves, including a large percentage (71 percent) of registered Republicans.
Gov. Jan Brewer’s stock with the public remains deeply divided. Arizonans rate her performance as “good” rather than “poor” by a narrow 34 percent to 32 percent margin, while 24 percent rate her performance as “fair.” Within the ranks of voters in her own political party, favorable views are much stronger — 53 percent favorable to only 18 percent unfavorable.
The public’s view of Brewer has been more or less stable since April 2011.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy