PHOENIX — Nearly half of Arizonans believe the state is headed in the wrong direction, a poll said.
The Behavior Research Center poll said 45 percent of the 700 Arizonans surveyed feel the state is being led in the wrong direction.
Only one in five say that the state legislators are doing a good job while fully 80 percent believe the state legislature should do more to represent the views of voters such as themselves, including a large percentage (71 percent) of registered Republicans.
Gov. Jan Brewer’s stock with the public remains deeply divided. Arizonans rate her performance as “good” rather than “poor” by a narrow 34 percent to 32 percent margin, while 24 percent rate her performance as “fair.” Within the ranks of voters in her own political party, favorable views are much stronger — 53 percent favorable to only 18 percent unfavorable.
The public’s view of Brewer has been more or less stable since April 2011.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development