PHOENIX — The Coconino County Sheriff’s Office lifted its pre-evacuation warning for Kachina Village and Forest Highlands on Monday.
The pre-evacuation notice was lifted for the two subdivisions after the Slide Fire near Sedona, Ariz. displayed no erratic behavior, Coconino County Community Relations Manager Marc Della Rocca said.
Kachina Village and Forest Highlands were first given a pre-evacuation notice last Wednesday.
A mandatory evacuation remained in place in Oak Creek Canyon from Sterling Springs Hatchery to Slide Rock State Park.
The Slide Fire has covered 14,100 acres was 25 percent contained. It was first reported just north of Slide Rock State Park last Tuesday evening burning northward. No structures are reported to have been lost, although about 300 are in danger. More than 1,200 personnel have been called to help control the blaze.
For additional information on the fire, contact the county’s public information center at (928) 679-4173. Residents can sign up to receive evacuation notices sent to their cell phones by going to coconino.az.gov/emergency.
Several agencies are also encouraging individuals and businesses to donate time or money to the relief efforts. The following nonprofit organizations are involved in the efforts: The United Way of Northern Arizona (UWNA); American Red Cross, Grand Canyon Chapter; Salvation Army of Flagstaff; Coconino Search and Rescue; Wildland Firefighter Foundation; and Sedona Fire District Community Wildfire Prevention Fund.
UNWA is currently registering volunteers to assist with post-fire needs. Volunteers can register here.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development