PHOENIX — The Coconino County Sheriff’s Office lifted its pre-evacuation warning for Kachina Village and Forest Highlands on Monday.
The pre-evacuation notice was lifted for the two subdivisions after the Slide Fire near Sedona, Ariz. displayed no erratic behavior, Coconino County Community Relations Manager Marc Della Rocca said.
Kachina Village and Forest Highlands were first given a pre-evacuation notice last Wednesday.
A mandatory evacuation remained in place in Oak Creek Canyon from Sterling Springs Hatchery to Slide Rock State Park.
The Slide Fire has covered 14,100 acres was 25 percent contained. It was first reported just north of Slide Rock State Park last Tuesday evening burning northward. No structures are reported to have been lost, although about 300 are in danger. More than 1,200 personnel have been called to help control the blaze.
For additional information on the fire, contact the county’s public information center at (928) 679-4173. Residents can sign up to receive evacuation notices sent to their cell phones by going to coconino.az.gov/emergency.
Several agencies are also encouraging individuals and businesses to donate time or money to the relief efforts. The following nonprofit organizations are involved in the efforts: The United Way of Northern Arizona (UWNA); American Red Cross, Grand Canyon Chapter; Salvation Army of Flagstaff; Coconino Search and Rescue; Wildland Firefighter Foundation; and Sedona Fire District Community Wildfire Prevention Fund.
UNWA is currently registering volunteers to assist with post-fire needs. Volunteers can register here.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas