PHOENIX — The Coconino County Sheriff’s Office lifted its pre-evacuation warning for Kachina Village and Forest Highlands on Monday.
The pre-evacuation notice was lifted for the two subdivisions after the Slide Fire near Sedona, Ariz. displayed no erratic behavior, Coconino County Community Relations Manager Marc Della Rocca said.
Kachina Village and Forest Highlands were first given a pre-evacuation notice last Wednesday.
A mandatory evacuation remained in place in Oak Creek Canyon from Sterling Springs Hatchery to Slide Rock State Park.
The Slide Fire has covered 14,100 acres was 25 percent contained. It was first reported just north of Slide Rock State Park last Tuesday evening burning northward. No structures are reported to have been lost, although about 300 are in danger. More than 1,200 personnel have been called to help control the blaze.
For additional information on the fire, contact the county’s public information center at (928) 679-4173. Residents can sign up to receive evacuation notices sent to their cell phones by going to coconino.az.gov/emergency.
Several agencies are also encouraging individuals and businesses to donate time or money to the relief efforts. The following nonprofit organizations are involved in the efforts: The United Way of Northern Arizona (UWNA); American Red Cross, Grand Canyon Chapter; Salvation Army of Flagstaff; Coconino Search and Rescue; Wildland Firefighter Foundation; and Sedona Fire District Community Wildfire Prevention Fund.
UNWA is currently registering volunteers to assist with post-fire needs. Volunteers can register here.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick