PHOENIX — A major part of downtown Phoenix is getting revitalized.
The Arizona Center is northeast of CityScape and east of Arizona State University’s downtown dormitories. Approximately $2 million will be spent updating the Arizona Center’s walkways and facades, the Phoenix Business Journal reported.
Owners are hoping to attract more ASU students, convention attendees and nearby office workers.
Meanwhile, nearby at Central Avenue and Jefferson Street, the Bitter and Twisted Cocktail Parlour will open May 30 in the Luhrs Building. An $80 million Marriott is also planned.
The Luhrs Building was featured in the 1960 Alfred Hitchcock film “Psycho.”
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas