PHOENIX — At least 2,000 protestors are expected to show up in Tempe to join in a worldwide march against agrichemical giant Monsanto on Saturday.
Cecilia Satori is organizing the Arizona event and she said it’s time to permanently ban the genetically modified organisms (GMO’s) Monsanto uses in its products.
“A lot of the seeds that are genetically modified have pesticides in the seed themselves so that when it grows, ‘you don’t have to worry about all of these extra pesticides,’ supposedly, because the bugs will die and won’t want to eat those,” she said. “We don’t want to be eating that poison.”
The march is due to start at 9 a.m. Saturday at the Tempe Farmers Market.
“I recommend people bring signs, hats, dress up as bees and (wear) gas masks,” said Satori.
Tempe is one of 400 cities worldwide marching against Monsanto.
Click here for more details.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick