PHOENIX — At least 2,000 protestors are expected to show up in Tempe to join in a worldwide march against agrichemical giant Monsanto on Saturday.
Cecilia Satori is organizing the Arizona event and she said it’s time to permanently ban the genetically modified organisms (GMO’s) Monsanto uses in its products.
“A lot of the seeds that are genetically modified have pesticides in the seed themselves so that when it grows, ‘you don’t have to worry about all of these extra pesticides,’ supposedly, because the bugs will die and won’t want to eat those,” she said. “We don’t want to be eating that poison.”
The march is due to start at 9 a.m. Saturday at the Tempe Farmers Market.
“I recommend people bring signs, hats, dress up as bees and (wear) gas masks,” said Satori.
Tempe is one of 400 cities worldwide marching against Monsanto.
Click here for more details.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night