PHOENIX — If you are looking for a way to beat the heat this summer, you might want to think about going to one Phoenix’s 29 city pools. All pools will be open Memorial Day weekend and will re-open for the 2014 season on May 31.
Daily admission to the pools is three dollars for adults and one dollar for seniors 50 years or older. There is a Kool Kids program which allows kids 17 and younger free admission to 21 out of the 29 pools.
Public Information Officer David Urbinato of the Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department said this is the first time in five years people can take swim lessons.
“We really have lost-cost, high-quality swim lessons in many corners of the city,” says Urbinato.
Urbinato also said that group lessons only cost 15 dollars for an eight-session class and are available to all age levels He says a season pass for a family of four is 75 dollars.
The 2014 season runs until July 27th. All pools are open six days a week from 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Please note all pools are closed on Fridays).
To get a list of all available classes and pool locations you can visit, www.phoenix.gov/parks.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets