PHOENIX — If you are looking for a way to beat the heat this summer, you might want to think about going to one Phoenix’s 29 city pools. All pools will be open Memorial Day weekend and will re-open for the 2014 season on May 31.
Daily admission to the pools is three dollars for adults and one dollar for seniors 50 years or older. There is a Kool Kids program which allows kids 17 and younger free admission to 21 out of the 29 pools.
Public Information Officer David Urbinato of the Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department said this is the first time in five years people can take swim lessons.
“We really have lost-cost, high-quality swim lessons in many corners of the city,” says Urbinato.
Urbinato also said that group lessons only cost 15 dollars for an eight-session class and are available to all age levels He says a season pass for a family of four is 75 dollars.
The 2014 season runs until July 27th. All pools are open six days a week from 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Please note all pools are closed on Fridays).
To get a list of all available classes and pool locations you can visit, www.phoenix.gov/parks.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier