Winter Storm Jonas is no joke.
The storm hit the East Coast last week, bringing 34 inches of snow to New York, caused the deaths of at least 37 people and have led to nearly a quarter of a million residents being left without power.
New York Mayor Bill de Blasio even called for a ban of vehicles on the streets after 2:30 p.m. in the city, stating police officers would arrest people driving down the streets at that time.
But even the threat of jail did not stop one group of YouTube stars from taking advantage of the snow and shredding it up. To the delight of many, YouTubers Casey Neistat, Jesse Wellens, Dean Neistat and Oscar Boyson took to the streets with a souped-up Jeep, a drone and a snowboard to get the people of New York out of the blizzard blues.
To nobody’s surprise, the boys eventually got stopped by a pair of police officers — but were let off without any punishment whatsoever.
So if you’re stuck inside due to the snow, we hope this brings you a smile and if you’re basking in the Valley sun, we hope this brings you some appreciation for the great weather.
- Snow looks pretty but could make for messy driving in Arizona high country
- A little more rain predicted to spray Phoenix area this week
- Arizona Snowbowl gets early snowfall amid El Nino predictions
- Statue of ‘Friday the 13th’ killer removed from Lake Pleasant
- Tucson college student suspected of illegally importing prescription pills