PHOENIX — As if stealing items from a store isn’t bad enough, the Peoria Police Department is looking for a suspect who used stolen identification to return items for money.
On April 16, a suspect entered a retail store near 79th and Peoria avenues. He successfully returned stolen items for cash using a driver’s license.
Amanda Jacinto of the Peoria Police Department said the victim whose ID was stolen was surprised to see the suspect caught on camera.
“The victim lost his wallet actually several years ago, and that victim remembers our suspect as being one of the people to help him look for his wallet when he lost it,” Jacinto said.
The suspect is a male between 50 and 60 years old. He is about 5-foot-6 and roughly 180 pounds. He wears glasses and has gray hair.
Detectives are asking anyone with a lead to call Peoria police (623-773-7096) or Silent Witness (480-WITNESS).
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy