PHOENIX — As if stealing items from a store isn’t bad enough, the Peoria Police Department is looking for a suspect who used stolen identification to return items for money.
On April 16, a suspect entered a retail store near 79th and Peoria avenues. He successfully returned stolen items for cash using a driver’s license.
Amanda Jacinto of the Peoria Police Department said the victim whose ID was stolen was surprised to see the suspect caught on camera.
“The victim lost his wallet actually several years ago, and that victim remembers our suspect as being one of the people to help him look for his wallet when he lost it,” Jacinto said.
The suspect is a male between 50 and 60 years old. He is about 5-foot-6 and roughly 180 pounds. He wears glasses and has gray hair.
Detectives are asking anyone with a lead to call Peoria police (623-773-7096) or Silent Witness (480-WITNESS).
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier