PHOENIX — The Waste Management Phoenix Open was nominated for the 2014 Sports Event of the Year award by the Sports Business Journal and Sports Business Daily.
The Sports Event of the Year award was eventually given to the 2014 Bridgestone Winter Classic. The Phoenix Open was the only golf event nominated across fifteen award categories.
Other candidates included the 2013 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, The ONE: Mayweather vs. Canelo, and the Super Bowl XLVIII.
Nominees were evaluated by a panel of judges made up of sports industry experts and representatives of Sports Business Journal/Daily, and determined the winners by private vote.
The 2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open will be held at the TPC Scottsdale from Jan. 26 to Feb. 1, 2015.
For more information visit wmphoenixopen.com
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon