PHOENIX — It may come as no surprise that a restaurant in Arizona has some award-winning tacos.
Located at 546 E. Osborn Road in Phoenix, Taco Guild was voted by Travel + Leisure magazine as having some of the best tacos in America.
Opening just last year, the eatery converted the Bethel Methodist Church, built in 1893, into a place where the “Old World” and the “New World” collide.
Keeping the old wooden pews and original stained glass, Taco Guild offers up classic tacos with a modern twist, like peking duck with apricot and Brie and lamb with fried sweet potato straws and bleu cheese on homemade corn tortillas.
While tacos from California and Texas dominated the magazine’s list, tacos from Florida and even Tennessee also made the cut.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development