PHOENIX — Sunday night was rough for every Arizona Cardinals fan.
Not only did the team’s season come to a close, but it did so in a brutal fashion: A 49-15 lashing at the hands of Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers. Add in the fact that the team was one win away from a Super Bowl appearance, and it gets even worse.
While some turned to social media to make themselves feel better, we turned to our own Detour Dan. In case you forgot, he had some strong words before the Cardinals’ trip to Carolina last week on Arizona’s Morning News.
On Monday, his tone was a bit more somber but the words were still hopeful. You can listen to the audio above or, if you’d rather read his eulogy via poem, you can check out the text below.
I say, don’t be sorry,
don’t be blue.
It would have been great,
to be just 1-2.
I’m proud to be a fan,
and won’t shed a tear.
Because I doubt very much,
anyone wants to play us next year.
- Arizona Cardinals preseason game to impact West Valley traffic
- Arizona Cardinals raise $31K for family of fallen DPS trooper
- Arizona Cardinals to hold fundraiser for family of fallen DPS trooper
- Cardinals GM Steve Keim turns self in to begin extreme DUI jail sentence
- Arizona Cardinals TE Ricky Seals-Jones arrested in Scottsdale