PHOENIX — People aiming to purchase a median-priced home in the Phoenix metro area need to make slightly more than $40,000 annually, a website said.
“In Phoenix, to buy a median-priced home during the first quarter according to the Realtors, you’ll need $41,309 in salary,” said HSH.com Vice President Keith Gumbinger.
The median price for a home in the Valley is $194,300. Arizona falls nearly in the middle of the pack when it comes to the cost of buying a median-priced home in a metro area.
The website said there has been less than a 1 percent increase in home prices this quarter compared to the last, but prices have gone up 15 percent over last year.
“This is great news for home sellers, not as great for homebuyers,” said Gumbinger.
To calculate the figure, HSH.com used the National Association of Realtors’ first-quarter data for median home prices and HSH.com’s first-quarter average interest rate for 30-year, fixed-rate mortgages, to determine how much of a homeowner’s salary it would take to afford the base cost of owning a home.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development