PHOENIX — At least four people were killed when a bus traveling from Arizona to California crashed near the states’ border 10 early Wednesday morning.
Many others were injured when the bus, which left Phoenix bound for Los Angeles, overturned on Interstate 10 near Blythe, Calif. There were 32 passengers on board, more than half taken to the hospital, according to reports.
A Caltrans spokeswoman said a big rig carrying steel pipes jackknifed around 2 a.m. The truck was heading in the opposite direction and hit other cars before reaching the median. The bus driver tried to avoid the mess, but the bus overturned after it swerved.
UPDATE: 32 passengers aboard bus in fatal crash just west of CA-Arizona border. “Many people transported.” http://t.co/LCqJLZKXZL
— NBC Los Angeles (@NBCLA) May 21, 2014
BUS CRASH UPDATE: 17 people transported to hospital; 15 had minor injuries, 2 moderate injuries http://t.co/ijtvS05FcL
— ABC7 Eyewitness News (@ABC7) May 21, 2014
The freeway was closed for hours. It was partially opened in both directions about 5 p.m.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon