The lights dim for good Tuesday night at Arizona State University’s Packard Stadium.
After 40 years of use by ASU baseball, the stadium will be demolished. Future ASU Baseball teams will call Phoenix Municipal Stadium their new home.
ASU Baseball legend Floyd Bannister sat in the dugout at Packard Stadium on opening day in 1974. It was the first game ever played at the field.
Bannister recalled fond memories playing at Packard, “The electricity, and the noise, and just the competition; It was incredible. It was so much fun.”
On Tuesday night, Bannister sat in the stands to say goodbye.
“I feel very fortunate to have that opportunity and sad to see it go but I’m sure glad I can cherish a lot of memories.”
Bannister’s name and retired number hang in the outfield of Packard Stadium.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths