PHOENIX — A person died after being shot in Tempe, Ariz. on Tuesday, police said.
The shooting was reported about 2:30 p.m. in the 900 block of E. Diamond Drive, just west of Rural Road between Elliot and Guadalupe roads.
Police said it appears the suspect, 33-year-old John Brazel, was involved in a domestic dispute with an unidentified female victim. A male neighbor stepped in when the situation became physical and Brazel allegedly shot him.
Brazel then allegedly shot and killed the female victim and left the scene in a white Chevrolet SUV with Arizona license place BDY6785. That vehicle was found abandoned near Val Vista Drive and Thomas Road on Wednesday.
He is now believed to be driving a silver Dodge Ram dually with Washington state license plate B83943K. It was stolen in Pinal County.
Mariposa Elementary School and Waggoner Elementary School were placed on lockdown as a precaution while the search for Brazel continued.
The condition of the male victim is unknown.
Police said anyone who sees Brazel should call 911. They should not try to approach him.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night