PHOENIX — A person died after being shot in Tempe, Ariz. on Tuesday, police said.
The shooting was reported about 2:30 p.m. in the 900 block of E. Diamond Drive, just west of Rural Road between Elliot and Guadalupe roads.
Police said it appears the suspect, 33-year-old John Brazel, was involved in a domestic dispute with an unidentified female victim. A male neighbor stepped in when the situation became physical and Brazel allegedly shot him.
Brazel then allegedly shot and killed the female victim and left the scene in a white Chevrolet SUV with Arizona license place BDY6785. That vehicle was found abandoned near Val Vista Drive and Thomas Road on Wednesday.
He is now believed to be driving a silver Dodge Ram dually with Washington state license plate B83943K. It was stolen in Pinal County.
Mariposa Elementary School and Waggoner Elementary School were placed on lockdown as a precaution while the search for Brazel continued.
The condition of the male victim is unknown.
Police said anyone who sees Brazel should call 911. They should not try to approach him.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier