PHOENIX — A person died after being shot in Tempe, Ariz. on Tuesday, police said.
The shooting was reported about 2:30 p.m. in the 900 block of E. Diamond Drive, just west of Rural Road between Elliot and Guadalupe roads.
Police said it appears the suspect, 33-year-old John Brazel, was involved in a domestic dispute with an unidentified female victim. A male neighbor stepped in when the situation became physical and Brazel allegedly shot him.
Brazel then allegedly shot and killed the female victim and left the scene in a white Chevrolet SUV with Arizona license place BDY6785. That vehicle was found abandoned near Val Vista Drive and Thomas Road on Wednesday.
He is now believed to be driving a silver Dodge Ram dually with Washington state license plate B83943K. It was stolen in Pinal County.
Mariposa Elementary School and Waggoner Elementary School were placed on lockdown as a precaution while the search for Brazel continued.
The condition of the male victim is unknown.
Police said anyone who sees Brazel should call 911. They should not try to approach him.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon