SARATOGA, N.Y. (AP) — Fighter jets from the Vermont Air National Guard will be doing a flyover during a military funeral being held for a former New York Air National Guard commander killed in a glider accident in Arizona earlier this month.
New York National Guard officials say F-16s from the South Burlington-based 158th Fighter Wing will provide a missing man formation flyover over Saratoga National Cemetery around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday during the funeral of Maj. Gen. Robert Knauff (nawf).
The 61-year-old retired fighter pilot died May 3 when his glider crashed in the desert in Maricopa County, Arizona.
Knauff commanded the Syracuse-based 174th Fighter Wing and was a commander of the New York Air Guard. He retired in 2009 after 33 years in the military.
He lived in the Syracuse suburb of Manlius.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy