The body of a 30-year-old man was found Sunday in Lake Pleasant by divers with Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office and Phoenix Police.
MCSO spokesman Joaquin Enriquez said Christopher Starcovic apparently fell overboard around 3 a.m. Sunday following a night of drinking on a boat with three other adults. He was reported missing around 8 a.m. Sunday and his body was found around 2 p.m.
The boat was anchored about 50 yards away from the shore in Humbug Cove, a spot known for partying, and Enriquez said alcohol was a factor in the drowning. Enriquez said that Starcovic was known to be a good swimmer.
“Humbug Cove is known for partying … anchor and party all night long, and that was the case in this situation,” Enriquez said. “Alcohol was the factor. Starcovic was known to be a good swimmer, but obviously due to the impairment of alcohol, that was a hard position to be in at the time he went over.”
Enriquez said there are no signs of foul play. Starcovic’s friends noticed he was gone around 8 a.m., and discovered that his shoes and shirt were still on the boat. Starcovic’s body was found under where the boat was anchored.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas