The body of a 30-year-old man was found Sunday in Lake Pleasant by divers with Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office and Phoenix Police.
MCSO spokesman Joaquin Enriquez said Christopher Starcovic apparently fell overboard around 3 a.m. Sunday following a night of drinking on a boat with three other adults. He was reported missing around 8 a.m. Sunday and his body was found around 2 p.m.
The boat was anchored about 50 yards away from the shore in Humbug Cove, a spot known for partying, and Enriquez said alcohol was a factor in the drowning. Enriquez said that Starcovic was known to be a good swimmer.
“Humbug Cove is known for partying … anchor and party all night long, and that was the case in this situation,” Enriquez said. “Alcohol was the factor. Starcovic was known to be a good swimmer, but obviously due to the impairment of alcohol, that was a hard position to be in at the time he went over.”
Enriquez said there are no signs of foul play. Starcovic’s friends noticed he was gone around 8 a.m., and discovered that his shoes and shirt were still on the boat. Starcovic’s body was found under where the boat was anchored.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again