The body of a 30-year-old man was found Sunday in Lake Pleasant by divers with Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office and Phoenix Police.
MCSO spokesman Joaquin Enriquez said Christopher Starcovic apparently fell overboard around 3 a.m. Sunday following a night of drinking on a boat with three other adults. He was reported missing around 8 a.m. Sunday and his body was found around 2 p.m.
The boat was anchored about 50 yards away from the shore in Humbug Cove, a spot known for partying, and Enriquez said alcohol was a factor in the drowning. Enriquez said that Starcovic was known to be a good swimmer.
“Humbug Cove is known for partying … anchor and party all night long, and that was the case in this situation,” Enriquez said. “Alcohol was the factor. Starcovic was known to be a good swimmer, but obviously due to the impairment of alcohol, that was a hard position to be in at the time he went over.”
Enriquez said there are no signs of foul play. Starcovic’s friends noticed he was gone around 8 a.m., and discovered that his shoes and shirt were still on the boat. Starcovic’s body was found under where the boat was anchored.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development