The body of a 30-year-old man was found Sunday in Lake Pleasant by divers with Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office and Phoenix Police.
MCSO spokesman Joaquin Enriquez said Christopher Starcovic apparently fell overboard around 3 a.m. Sunday following a night of drinking on a boat with three other adults. He was reported missing around 8 a.m. Sunday and his body was found around 2 p.m.
The boat was anchored about 50 yards away from the shore in Humbug Cove, a spot known for partying, and Enriquez said alcohol was a factor in the drowning. Enriquez said that Starcovic was known to be a good swimmer.
“Humbug Cove is known for partying … anchor and party all night long, and that was the case in this situation,” Enriquez said. “Alcohol was the factor. Starcovic was known to be a good swimmer, but obviously due to the impairment of alcohol, that was a hard position to be in at the time he went over.”
Enriquez said there are no signs of foul play. Starcovic’s friends noticed he was gone around 8 a.m., and discovered that his shoes and shirt were still on the boat. Starcovic’s body was found under where the boat was anchored.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments