PHOENIX — Monday, the Tempe Police Department will start enforcing its new seat belt campaign.
The Click It or Ticket Child Seat, Seat Belt campaign, which will run until June 1, is intended to ramp up both seat belt engagement and enforcement with the hopes of saving lives throughout the state of Arizona.
Chief of Police Tom Ryff continues to make traffic safety and DUI enforcement a top priority for our community. In addition to the Child Seat and Seat Belt Enforcement, as always, Tempe Police will be diligently patrolling for impaired drivers as well, providing enforcement with the intent and hope to prevention fatalities and serious injuries caused by DUI.
Currently, Arizona is one of 16 states with a secondary seat belt law — which requires all passengers under the age of 8 to be belted regardless of seat location and all passengers over the age of 8 to be belted in the front.
Under secondary laws, the driver cannot be ticketed unless another citable traffic violation takes place.
The maximum fine in Arizona for a first violation of the secondary belt law is $10.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development