PHOENIX — Monday, the Tempe Police Department will start enforcing its new seat belt campaign.
The Click It or Ticket Child Seat, Seat Belt campaign, which will run until June 1, is intended to ramp up both seat belt engagement and enforcement with the hopes of saving lives throughout the state of Arizona.
Chief of Police Tom Ryff continues to make traffic safety and DUI enforcement a top priority for our community. In addition to the Child Seat and Seat Belt Enforcement, as always, Tempe Police will be diligently patrolling for impaired drivers as well, providing enforcement with the intent and hope to prevention fatalities and serious injuries caused by DUI.
Currently, Arizona is one of 16 states with a secondary seat belt law — which requires all passengers under the age of 8 to be belted regardless of seat location and all passengers over the age of 8 to be belted in the front.
Under secondary laws, the driver cannot be ticketed unless another citable traffic violation takes place.
The maximum fine in Arizona for a first violation of the secondary belt law is $10.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy