PHOENIX — A hundred dollars may not go as far as it used to, but at the Hall of Flame Fire Museum in Phoenix, it will get you a commemorative brick.
“You can get up to three lines of copy — up to 45 characters on a brick,” said Museum Curator Mark Moorhead. “You can commemorate a friend, loved one or firefighter.”
He said you can also commemorate yourself, if you want.
“You can put, ‘I’m the best thing since sliced bread,’ and if you bought a brick, we agree with you,” he said.
As long as your message is appropriate, it will be added to the floor of the museum’s 19th century firehouse display, located at the north end of the Hall of Heroes gallery.
There are approximately 1,000 bricks remaining, and each one you buy is tax deductible.
The Hall of Flame Museum also plans to unveil 19 bricks during a ceremony next month, each one belonging to one of the Prescott Fire Department’s Granite Mountain Hotshots who lost their lives last June in the Yarnell Hill Fire. That ceremony is Saturday, June 21, at 11 a.m.
For more information on the ceremony or to buy your own commemorative brick, call the Hall of Flame Museum at 602-275-3473 or go to hallofflame.org.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns