PHOENIX — All hope is not yet lost for the proposed Phoenix Observation Tower.
After plans to build the 420-foot pinwheeling tower next to the Arizona Science Center fell through, development firm Novawest LLC is in talks with a private landowner, the Phoenix Business Journal reported.
A Danish architectural firm designed the tower as an open-air pinwheel with observation decks, restaurant and stores and special event space. It has been touted as a tourist attraction akin to Seattle’s Space Needle and Toronto’s CN Tower.
The tower’s promoters hoped to get it built in time for the Super Bowl in Glendale next year.
The Phoenix Observation Tower would stand approximately 39 stories tall, just one story short of Chase Tower, the tallest building in the city.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.